Is your current program not suitable for you? Switch to a course you’re passionate about.


Finding out that the course you enrolled into doesn’t match your passion is a shame. But it’s not the end of the world. In most circumstances, you get to switch to a course that is at or above the education level you’re currently enrolled into. This means, you cannot change from a bachelor to a vocational program.


To change your course, you’d need to obtain a letter of release from your current education provider and then apply for a new visa. But the process isn’t as easy as it sounds. So, to make the process easier, our experts at Himalayan Business Group are here to guide you through the process.

Course Change in Australia

You may be eligible to change courses as an overseas student in Australia on a student visa (subclass 500) if you believe what you’re presently studying doesn’t resonate with your career aspirations. You do not need to apply for a new student visa if you have been studying your original degree for six months or longer and desire to shift to a similar or higher level Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) programme at your present institution.


However, you will need to apply for a new student visa if you intend to attend a lower-level or non-AQF programme. But exceptions may apply if you’re switching from an AQF level 10 (Doctoral degree) course to an AQF 9 programme (Masters degree).

Course Change in Canada

If you are a post-secondary student in Canada, you can change schools, programs, fields of study, or levels of study without having to apply for a new study permit.


Eligibility Criteria:


  • In order to be eligible for a course change, you must;
  • Be enrolled at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI)
  • Be actively studying in the course you enrolled while in Canada


While you certainly have options to change your courses in Canada, the actual process is quite confusing and challenging. So, if you’re in need of complete guidance, let expert education counsellors at Himalayan Business Group guide you through.

Search my
Get in Touch with Experts for a Free Consultation