Australia is known for more than kangaroos, beautiful sandy beaches, coral reefs, and the wide-open vistas of the outback wilderness. So, it’s no wonder the country attracts so many tourists from all over the world.
The Australian Immigration issues visitor visas to all genuine visitors to travel and explore Australian delicacies, landscapes and cultures. But, in order to get this visa, one must be a genuine visitor with sufficient funds to support their stay throughout their visit.
Eligibility Criteria for Visitor Visa in Australia
The first thing you should know is that you must satisfy certain conditions in order to apply for a visitor visa in Australia.
- Paid jobs are not permitted; however, you are permitted to volunteer
- You must not participate in any study or training for more than three months
- For the duration of your stay, you must have proper health insurance
- Other than a protection visa, you are not permitted to submit a valid visa application for any new substantive visa
- After the time of stay allowed by the visa, the holder must leave Australia
- You are not permitted to stay for longer than 12 months
- Documents Required For Visitor Visa Processing in Australia
You must also have specific documents on hand before proceeding to the final stage of the visa application procedure.
- Sponsor invitation letters and valid documents
- Valid passport
- Colored passport photos taken recently (passport size)
- Return flight tickets that have been confirmed
- Itinerary for the trip
- Last six months’ bank statements
- Travel insurance
- Proof of sufficient finances
- Confirmation of hotel reservations